Great Goals Cares. We believe sports changes lives. We believe that quality sports instruction in a safe and fun environment brings out the best in each player. We believe each child should play at the maximum of their ability. We believe that every child should have an opportunity to play sports regardless of their economic means.
Reach for the Stars: The Great Goals Sports Fund is an initiative of Great Goals, Chennai’s premier football and basketball academy. Operated through the Great Goals Trust, the initiative seeks to provide access to the high quality, structured coaching for players and schools with limited or poor means.
Through this initiative, we want to bring Great Goals’ structured, quality, professionally run football and basketball training to all. regardless of affordability or economic capability. Specifically:
- Provide training to players of all abilities
- Provide access to platforms to push limits and intense training of players with advanced abilities by recruitment for I-league teams
- Provide exposure and enjoyment of football in schools without access/ under-privileged / under funded schools
- Make more girls participate in physical sports
This fund, helps us formalize and grow many initiatives we’ve been running over the past five years including:
- Football and basketball training that is free or subsidized to students
- Running year round programs, camps and events at under and less-privileged schools
- Organizing tournaments and leagues in which teams of limited economic means can participate
Programs under Reach For The Stars: The Great Goals Sports Fund
Sponsor a Player
Offer full or partial Scholarships to players – either on our teams or within our program. This scholarship will include:
- Football or Basketball Training – provided by Great Goals. (provided free by Great Goals)
- Full Playing Kit – which includes training uniform (2 sets), socks (2 pairs), shoes, water bottle, kit bag.
- Match kit for players who are selected on the Great Goals team – which includes home and away kit, shoes, water bottle and team kit bag.
- Transportation to and from matches
- Match fees, medical insurance and other expenses related to local and out station travel.
- Board and Lodge for outstation games.
- Food expenses for local games.
- AIFF mandated testing.
Sponsor a School or Just for Girls Football program in a School for children with limited means
- Football or Basketball Training – provided by Great Goals Coaches, 2 days a week. (provided free by Great Goals)
- We will provide coaches and equipment
- And where necessary provide shoes – either gently used or new.
If you would like to support any of these initiatives or make a donation to the fund please click below.